Indirect Tax Analyst
This role will provide constant challenges due to its fast pace and the necessity for quick, out-of-the-box approaches to solving Indirect Tax issues as they appear, while keeping accuracy and customer care as the primary focus.
The Tax Analyst will have the following responsibilities:
- Prepare and review transaction tax filings, including sales and use tax, property taxes, gross receipts taxes, commercial activity tax, and business licenses.
- Retrieve, prepare, and consolidate sales tax data to be sent to a third party for the filing of sales and use tax returns.
- Prepare monthly tax reconciliations and provide shared services with any adjusting entries.
- Work with shared services to ensure the proper posting of all tax related tax entries.
- Respond to taxing jurisdiction notices and work with the jurisdictions to resolve the related issues.
- Assist the Sr. Indirect Tax Manager with customer and vendor inquiries.
- Respond to any inquiries from shared services on any accounts receivable and accounts payable matters relating to indirect tax.
- Maintain and update all legal entities’ sales and use tax registrations.
- Assist the Sr. Indirect Tax Manager with sales and use tax audits, including gathering information, performing tax research, and assisting in preparing appeals.
- Research and document sales and use tax issues and keep current on transaction tax laws and any applicable changes.
- Gather data for Secretary of State filings, business licenses, and any other filings that may be required and provide to a third party for filing.
- Participate in ERP system’s design, maintenance, and implementation related to indirect tax matters to ensure compliance, enhance efficiency, and minimize expense.
- Manage and perform special projects as needed.
What You’ll Bring
Seeking an uncommon Indirect Tax Analyst who will utilize his/her skills and expertise in compliance, process management and improvement, along with personal drive to contribute to the accuracy, growth, and success of the Indirect Tax team and the company. Ideal candidates are goal-oriented, proactive, diligent, and organized.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
– CPA/CMI preferred
– 2-3 years Indirect Tax experience including:
- government audits,
- onboarding indirect tax compliance of acquired entities,
- developing and executing Indirect Tax strategies,
- state and local tax compliance,
- familiarity with general ledger accounting systems and
- a mix of public accounting and industry tax experience with a strong state focus.
– Working knowledge of tax statutory law and Regulations and advanced research skills preferred.
– Experience with Vertex O series and CCH Sales Tax Office preferred.
– Strong oral and written communication skills
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.