Indirect Tax Accountant – Travel Group
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy tax team. As an Indirect Tax accountant, you will enjoy being able to support on all matters related to Indirect Tax in both the UK and EU regions for all business sections including, UK Tour Operators, Retail, Airline, Cruise, Irish Tour Operator and other group companies. With a total UK indirect tax base totalling c£200m pa, this role is a crucial part of the overall accounting and control environment within the business.
The role is based in Luton with flexibility to attend the office on average two days per week.
- Preparation of the UK’s Airline VAT retur
- Ensuring Airline exemption certificates are prepared as required
- Resolving issues arising from tax coding
- Maintenance of VAT controls including table review and updating tax tables within SAP and Vector
- Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations and taking appropriate actions to clear balances
- Advising other departments on use of VAT codes
- Submit requests and ensure all payments are made on time
- Ad hoc projects as required to ensure we remain compliant in all areas relating to indirect taxes
- A good level of accounting knowledge
- Strong Systems and Process skills, this will be key to your success
- Pro-active and enjoy problem-solving, working in an agile way and making well-informed decisions within tight deadlines
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude to ensure the highest level of service is delivered to internal and external stakeholders
- Engaging communicator, confident in dealing with varying situations and always to a high standard
- Exceptional numeracy and data analysis skills
- Indirect taxation experience (desirable)
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.