Indirect Tax Accountant – FTSE 50 – £70k
Responsible for partnering with the business / corporate function / or within the Tax Function to provide either compliance services, tax reporting services or domestic and multi-jurisdictional tax advice (dependent on specialism), to help optimise group tax position and effectively manage any potential tax risks.
- Accountable for delivery of periodic indirect tax compliance (VAT , Intrastat, EC Sales List returns, tax payments, VAT GL accounts reconciliation) in collaboration with the global Business Services centres in Budapest and Kuala Lumpur.
- Working closely with UK and Europe Indirect Tax Compliance Manager on ad hoc compliance projects, processes review, improvements, and automation projects of indirect tax compliance processes.
- Responsible for responding to audit queries raised by fiscal authorities for returns within remit.
- To support the liaison with technology teams to ensure SAP and other systems are maintained and updated in respect to changes in regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for support of the delivery of communications and training to the Operators, Trading Settlements, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables and GBS Tax teams relating to tax code error corrections and invoice errors as well as dealing with compliance related queries from GBS tax team.
- Ownership of control activities under the Indirect Tax Compliance Framework policy.
- A degree in Tax, Finance, or Business, or an accounting or tax qualification (ATT/ CTA/ ACA/ ACCA).
Essential Experience And Job Requirements
- Requires extensive experience of UK and EU indirect tax regulations, processes and technology.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the Indirect Tax rules across multiple EU countries and, in particular, a strong understanding of how the rules apply to chain transactions for cross border supplies of goods and services and warehousing regimes.
- Consistent track record and ability to advise business collaborators on implications of trades and supply-chains.
- Experience of working with in-house Global Business Centre teams and or external Business Processes Outsourcing teams.
- Requires a strong understanding of risk and appropriate tax control activities.
- Ability to take ownership of deliverables and handle conflicting priorities in accordance with risk environment.
- Good communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of SAP system, proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Displaying a bias for modernisation of processes, including automation where appropriate.
- Experience in tax accounting, with an established track record in managing GL reconciliation and clearing activities helpful.
- Proven prior experience working in Indirect Tax in practice or in a large multinational.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.