A newly created and exciting tax opportunity has come up, to join a global financial services trading firm based in the city of London. A quantitative trading firm and liquidity provider with a unique focus on technology and collaborative problem solving with bases in all the major financial cities.
The tax team based in London is made up of 2 tax specialists who both have strong financial services experience and knowledge revolving around tax. As a group, they have seen significant growth in certain areas of the business, which is why they have decided to bring in a third member to assist with the day to day tax work for UK and overseas.
The main activities will be:
Corporate Tax: support for UK and International CIT processes
- Deductible/non-deductible compliance reviews.
- Participate in tax return review.
- Working with Finance Team to ensure correct tax treatments.
- Query management with AP and Finance.
VAT: assist in managing UK and International VAT processes
- Compliance reviews of UK and European VAT records.
- Ad hoc and compliance review query management with AP.
- Annual stamp compliance review.
- Completion of ad hoc CRS/FATCA on-boarding form requests.
- Compilation and review of notifications and reports for multiple jurisdictions.
- Ongoing review of tax changes to help identify potential impacts to business.
- Working closely with the global Tax team and reporting to Global Tax Director to ensure ongoing Business support.
The culture at this firm is very fast paced and driven, but at the same time people here are very approachable, humble with a dress down tech environment. The fit is very important as everyone works collaboratively on an ongoing basis.
The ideal candidate will have experience in tax with a general understand of corporate tax and VAT from either a financial services group or large accountancy firm. At least 3 years experience. FACTA/CRS experience is beneficial but not essential as they have the resources to get you up to speed on the wider tax disciplines with relate to the business. Someone who has a desire to learn a variety of tax processes and significantly broaden their experience. Strong attention to detail with an articulate approach.
This is a very interesting tax opportunity for someone who is looking to branch out their experience and join an establishment which has a mix of working in a tech and financial services business combined.
If you are interested and meet the required skill set, please contact Simon Riva on 0207 3322 138 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.