£50000 - £60000 per annum
about 1 year ago
A leading multinational publishing house is looking for a corporate tax professional to join their finance division as a Tax Manager.
The role reports into the Head of Group Finance and will be responsible for delivering tax advisory projects for the group, in addition to handling UK, US, Ireland and Australia corporation tax compliance, group interim and year end provisioning.
- Preparation of interim and year-end Group tax schedules and provisioning, and manage the tax element of the Group financial statement audit.
- Manage tax exposures and keep abreast of changes to UK tax law as they impact the
- Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices.
- Manage UK, US, Ireland and Australia corporation tax filing and payment compliance.
- Review of UK, US and Australia VAT, GST and Sales tax returns.
- Improving and maintaining TP documentation across the group.
- Calculation of the opening current and deferred tax position on acquisition.
- Help with other tax requirements for the Group.
- Preparation of the tax budget for the Group.
Qualities and skills required:
- Qualified accountant (CTA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent).
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns.
- Knowledge of Alphatax software for preparation of UK corporation tax returns.
- Proactive and motivated, able to show initiative and work independently.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and ability to build relationships
quickly at all levels and to present financial information in a manner that can be
understood by all recipients.
- Advanced Excel skills.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.