A large European automobile leasing and fleet management company are looking for a tax professional either coming from a VAT or corporate tax background. UK HQs based in Slough, Berkshire. A great role for someone who is looking for a mixed tax opportunity and to branch out their skill set in a commercial environment.
Preparation of VAT and Corporation Tax returns for the UK, maintaining balance sheet control over VAT and Corporation Tax accounts and supporting the statutory audit of those tax accounts, working with the Tax Manager to support business projects and ensure business change is implemented in a tax compliant manner.
- Prepare and submit the quarterly VAT returns and annual corporate tax returns for the UK business.
- Maintenance and reconciliation of tax written down value balances to statutory net book values.
- Maintenance and reconciliation of current and deferred tax accounts and balances.
- Support the statutory audit of current and deferred tax balances.
- Be involved with business projects to ensure business change is implemented in a tax compliant manner.
- Act in an advisory capacity to provide ad hoc support to the wider business as requested.
- Previous VAT experience.
- Good understanding of Corporation Tax accounting and reporting requirements.
- Strong attention to detail
Pay towards £55,000 base + bonus and benefits
Experience of actively participating in a team environment, whilst demonstrating the capability to work independently.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.