In-house Partnership Tax Senior Manager
Our client is a premier US Law firm operating in over 20 major financial centres worldwide. They have a new leadership role for an experienced Partnership Tax Manager or Senior Manager whose primary roles is to maintain firm-wide tax compliance (with external advisor support) across a number of jurisdictions with a focus on Europe and the Middle East. This is a pivotal role within the team, working closely with the firm’s Global Partners, Partners Assistants and the Global Finance Teams. You will also be expected to liaise with external contacts including the global tax advisors, partners’ accountants and the relevant tax authorities.
Global Tax Oversight:
- Lead the coordination, preparation, and issuance of the Firm’s global tax returns.
- Assist with international US tax compliance and consulting projects.
Collaboration and Support:
- Provide tax support to the Firm’s Global partners and their advisors, ensuring timely and efficient responses.
- Liaise with internal teams, including Global Partners, Partner’s Assistants, Finance, HR, and more, fostering seamless communication.
- Coordinate and manage global tax inquiries and audits, maintaining effective communication with tax authorities.
- Proactively lead tax research projects and stay updated on tax regulations affecting the partnership in relevant jurisdictions.
- Monitor proposed changes in tax laws, evaluate their impact, and make strategic recommendations.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to senior leadership, collaborating on special projects.
- Review and provide recommendations on global mobility issues.
- Develop and implement tax accounting methodology and business processes.
- Drive process improvements, leveraging technology for enhanced efficiency.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid experience in global partnership taxation and reporting requirements.
- Expertise in US expatriate and foreign national taxation, tax equalisations, and global tax reporting.
- Proficient in international VAT/GST, business, property, sales/use, and excise taxation.
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented approach, and excellent communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- 7+ years of international tax experience with a Big 4 Accounting Firm and/or Multinational Law Firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; MS or advanced degree desirable.
- ACA/ACCA/CTA qualification desirable.
- Experience as an effective team member and leader.
- Be part of a premier international law firm with a global presence.
- Collaborate with a diverse and talented team of professionals.
- Drive innovation and process improvements in a dynamic work environment.
If you have a ‘can do’ attitude, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and possess the expertise we are looking for, apply now to Sally McIntyre-Brown on 0207 332 2452 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.