In-house Head of Employment Tax
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join this UK-headquartered company which has offices throughout the world. This organisation prides itself on valuing the contribution of each individual and supporting them to have a fulfilling career.
This is a newly created role which will see you report directly to the Global Head of Tax with a dotted line into the Global Head of Reward and working closely with the Head of Payroll. You will have accountability for managing governance, risk and compliance matters associated with employment tax as well as providing advisory expertise in relation to global employment and expatriate tax. You will be expected to contribute to the design, communication, and implementation of employment tax related policies on a global basis and provide advisory guidance to key internal stakeholder groups on all matters relating to global employment taxes.
This is an excellent opportunity where the right individual can make a huge impact. Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Advising on employment tax issues across the Group – employee share schemes, global mobility, and employment tax compliance
- Reviewing and advising on employment status for contractors and IR35 risk assessments
- Advising on IFRS 2 implications and payroll tax requirements across all locations in connection with share vesting
- Leading on disclosure and remediation of tax issues
- Advising on employee communications in relation to employment taxes
- Advising on cross border issues relating to income tax and social security
- Advising on STBV compliance
- Consulting with the Head of Payroll on PSA reporting in the UK
- Advising on employment tax issues when setting up new office locations
- Involvement in a wide range of strategic tax advisory projects e.g. expanding the benefits platform and due diligence on transactions
- Managing relationships with external advisors and tax authorities
To succeed, you will require significant experience in employment tax gained either in the profession or in-house. Experience of the financial services sector would also be advantageous. In-depth knowledge of US and UK personal tax as well as a good understanding of European tax issues is also required. This is a role offering a high level of responsibility within a fast paced and high-volume environment. You will require a curious mind, be able to work collaboratively, however also be self-sufficient and need excellent relationship building skills.
A rare opportunity to take on a challenging yet rewarding role. Please contact Sarah Reid on 02073329620 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion and to apply for this position.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.