£60000 - £70000 per annum + up to 20% bonus and benefits
over 1 year ago
EMPLOYMENT TAX ADVISOR
A large FTSE multinational group based in their North London HQs are looking to expand their employment tax discipline by bringing in a tax professional with UK employment tax experience to join their thriving, fast-paced and commercial finance/tax division.
The ideal candidate will have a sound foundation in UK employment tax matters, and be able to work confidently with a range of stakeholders to advise the business accordingly. Be able to drive to develop and embed processes and procedures which manage the employment tax risk in a practical and commercial manner.
- Key initial responsibility will be to lead for Group Tax on the IR35 project.
- Project management of the IR35 off-payroll worker project will include various tasks such as: ensuring business stakeholders are fully briefed on the impact of the new rules; working with external advisers and business stakeholders to design and implement the systems and processes required to fully manage the IR35 risk; completing employment status assessments for any impacted workers.
- UK compliance tasks will include working with payroll to ensure timely and accurate P11D submissions, preparing the PAYE Settlement Agreement, and preparing the short Term Business Visitor reports.
- The Employment Tax Adviser will need to work effectively and cooperatively with all areas of the business across Europe, but primarily HR, Payroll, Reward and Legal.
- The Employment Tax Adviser will also play a key role within the wider tax team in maintaining and developing the established working relationship with HMRC and other local tax authorities outside the UK.
- Providing international tax technical advice and getting involved in various ad-hoc projects all year round.
- Strong knowledge of UK domestic employment tax matters, with experience from a large practice firm or in a large business environment.
- A broad technical understanding of the IR35 rules and their commercial impact.
- Experience of international tax / global mobility matters is preferred but not essential.
- Strong track record of project management skills and the ability to manage risk, finances and multiple stakeholders.
- ATT or CTA qualification preferred, with a minimum of 5 years experience.
Please get in touch if you are interested and meet the required skill set: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 3322 138
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.