Head of US Tax
- Support the Global Head of Treasury & Tax in delivering clear strategic and commercially beneficial tax solutions adhering to the company’s core values and policies.
- Lead the development and implementation of tax planning and minimization strategies in North America, supporting the Group’s Transfer Pricing programme, Debt Capacity Assessment, Flow of Funds and Credits & Inventives programme.
- Support the Global Head of Treasury & Tax in accessing the risks of M&A target due dilligence, working with advisors to lead the design of integration step plans.
- Lead and project manage the M&A integration steps in conjunction with our Global Tax Advisors, local finance and legal teams.
- Oversight and guide the local finance teams (shadow tax team) and Global Tax Advisors ensuring all aspects of domestic compliance and audits including federal, state, and local income tax returns are reviewed and submitted.
- Oversight of the quarterly and annual ASC 740 tax provision process, payments and all tax accounting matters, as necessary
- Oversight of sales and use tax matters in a wide variety of state and local jurisdictions
- Lead and oversight of relationships with local tax authorities, manage tax audits for the North America region. Manage responses to notices, queries and correspondence in a timely manner.
- Monitor changes to tax legislation, interpret and proactively manage impact, addressing tax burdens and risk.
- Coordinate and work alongside the International Tax Director to create and maintain effective models and accurate documentation.
- Actively partner with key business stakeholders in North America to stay current on business initiatives including go-to-market strategies. Identify, assess and communicate related tax implications to management.
- Support Global Head of Treasury & Tax in presenting Tax matters to the Audit Committee and Group Board.
- Develop, oversee, and support North America Tax Manager in fulfilling their roles
- Ability to lead and deliver in a fast paced, transformational environment, identifying opportunities, driving change and continuous improvement with a positive attitude and critical mindset
- Willingness to step in and work in detail to achieve objectives
- Ability to operate under pressure and capable of managing numerous work streams at once
- Ability to work autonomously, remotely and within a small team, sharing knowledge and ideas
- Ability to build and maintain internal and external networks and grow strong relationships
- Must be a confident communicator with good interpersonal skills and a proactive mindset
- Ability to translate technical tax concepts and impacts into language for key management
- Ability to lead and develop / mentor team members
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (or related subject).
- Professional certification – CPA or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience working in or with large multinational and/or public companies is required
- Experience in delivering transformational change in planning, strategy and execution
- Experience in M&A tax diligence and designing / delivering integration step plans
- Experience in a big 4 public accounting firm
- Experience operating in Co-Source operating model with Global Tax Advisors
- Software / SaaS industry experience
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.