City of London, London
£100000 - £120000 per annum + Pension, Bonus
over 1 year ago
Head of Internal Audit
Brewer Morris has been engaged by one of the world's leading online Gaming companies to appoint an experienced Head of Internal Audit. This newly created role will lead the design and set-up of the internal audit function and provide the Board, Executive Management and the recently reshaped Audit & Risk Committee with a best practice assurance and controls framework.
Our client has successfully grown operations for more than 15 years, achieving double digit growth over the past 5 years. Faced with pending changes to the way the industry is regulated and required to operate, they have decided to get ahead of the market and create this important role to lead them. Overarching corporate culture that lives trust, excellence and accountability is evidenced by the career progression of its driven talented employee group.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, with regular interactions with Executive Management, Board and the Audit & Risk Committee (ARC), as Head of Internal Audit, your broad remit will be to provide independent and objective assurance over the key business processes of the organisation.
Specifically, your remit will include:
- Design and lead planned audits into the Company. This will include organising teams and inspecting accounts, checking compliance with applicable laws, detecting ineffective or inefficient process and verifying financial records
- Utilise the appropriate mix of internal resource and external cosource arrangements
- Liaise and work with the external auditors to ensure the appropriate sharing of internal audit and risk management output
- Evaluate how well risk management is being handled within the group, through periodic evaluation/testing of the Group's risk register
- Organise and present meaningfully detailed reports to communicate the results to company management
- Recommend practical solutions and influence senior management to mitigate risk and strengthen business processes and controls
- Carry out ad hoc assignments based on management requests and/or project assurance, etc. and update audit programs for implementation
- Anticipating emerging issues though data and assessment
You will have significant Internal Audit experience (8+ years) and expertise in leading an Internal Audit function, ideally within a Gaming or Leisure related industry enterprise and/or a Big 4 firm.
Your articulate communication style will facilitate engagement, influence and constructive insights across Board, Executive and external advisors.
Your career progression and proven success managing a team, will be defined by a hands-on yet empowering style. You will be capable of tackling the responsibilities of the current position and eager to take on increasing responsibility as the company continues to grow
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.