£12000 - £130000 per annum
24 days ago
In this varied & challenging role, you will set the group's VAT strategy and lead the function to effectively and efficiently deliver on all aspects of external VAT reporting, VAT governance and VAT advisory matters.
- Lead and manage a remote team of 2 UK based staff (Senior Manager and a VAT Analyst).
- Develop and execute a strategy for the management of VAT for the group.
- Accountability for the end-to-end delivery of UK and Ireland VAT compliance and oversight of the group's VAT status in its key international jurisdictions (Germany, Switzerland, South Africa, UAE, and India).
- Responsible for ensuring an appropriate VAT governance framework is in place and operating effectively, including SAO compliance in the UK.
- Full VAT advisory support on large and complex BPO contracts (including financial services, insurance, and education exemptions), international supply chains, internal restructuring projects and M&A transactions.
- Proactive management of the group's Partial Exemption status.
- Continuous improvement of the group's VAT systems and processes to ensure that they are fit for purpose and operating efficiently.
- Engaging in proactive and regular contact with key internal stakeholders and their teams to improve awareness of VAT and the work of the team.
- Be the group VAT lead on the HMRC and Revenue relationships and support finance teams with managing their relationships with local tax authorities.
- Establish a close and trusted network of external advisors and industry contacts, including membership of external industry body groups such as the CBI's Indirect Tax Working Party.
- Minimum 10-15 years VAT experience in the profession ("big 4") and industry and CTA qualified (ideally)
- Financial services and insurance sector experience preferred
- Reports to Head of Tax.
- Line management responsibility for a Senior Manager and a VAT Analyst.
- Key member of the tax leadership team working alongside the Head of Direct Tax and Head of Employment Tax.
- Works closely with the wider Tax Team, finance, and other internal stakeholders.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.