Head of FP&A
Our client, a retail business who leads the way in their industry, are in the process of going through significant growth and change following their acquisition by a prestigious Private Equity business. This has created the need for a Head of FP&A to work in a very strategic role and act as the right hand to the CFO in their growth plans.
Reporting directly into the CFO, this role will be based in their Leicester office, though there is flexibility both in their work from home arrangements and the ability to work from other offices. Some travel to the other offices is required to ensure relationships are built and maintained with the relevant stakeholders. The role will require a hands-on, forward-thinking, and commercially minded professional to provide strategic support to the CFO.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the company’s financial quarterly forecast, annual budgeting process, variance analysis and special projects.
- Preparing daily and weekly cash flow forecasts and actively manage the cash flow of the business.
- Developing financial, commercial, and operational reporting including dashboards to facilitate management decision making.
- Providing strategic support to senior management, including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, and capital expenditure analysis.
- Developing financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
- Monitoring performance indicators, highlighting trends and overseeing the continued development of budgeting, forecasting, operating plan, and modelling tools.
- Direct management of a finance analyst.
Key skills and experience:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification and experience in commercial finance/FP&A focussed roles.
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting, and planning.
- Experience using and creating financial models.
- Strong knowledge of financial software, including excel and experience with Merlin is highly desirable.
- Experience translating financial information to non-finance stakeholders and interacting with senior stakeholders.
- You will be an ambitious and versatile finance professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
This is a unique opportunity to step up into a Head of FP&A role in a growing business with ambitious plans for the future. If you would like to find out more about this opportunity please apply below or reach out to Leiahenderson@brewermorris.com.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.