Head of Finance Governance and Tax
We are currently working with a global law firm looking for a Head of Finance Governance and Tax on a permanent basis to bolster their growing Global Finance Function. Reporting into the CFO, this position will oversee the financial effectiveness of the Group across all jurisdictions, ensuring all controls operate effectively. This role will be based at their headquarters in Jersey, taking a fluid approach to hybrid working.
You will manage all financial, regulatory, audit, tax and Partner/Shareholder reporting, with the following responsibilities:
- Oversee all accounting procedures, financial transactions and systems used by the group
- Establish, implement and monitor the group’s finance policies and procedures, incorporating both accounting policies and internal procedural controls
- Oversee and coordinate the preparation of annual financial statements, tax returns and required regulatory returns
- Advise the Executive Board on tax policy and structure notes to ensure the Ogier Group remains efficient and compliant with all regulations worldwide
- Ensure compliance with accounting and tax regulations, laws and regulatory filing requirements in all jurisdictions
- Ensure annual audits are carried out effectively and efficiently for all jurisdictions ensuring all regulatory requirements are met regarding the group’s financial affairs
- Provide accurate, timely and comprehensive financial reporting to the management team, Partners, Shareholders and third parties
- Work with Partners and Directors to provide guidance on issues arising from this financial information and accounting treatment of judgemental areas
- Ensure the integrity of financial data on the chosen IT platform
- Ensure accurate accounting of Partners financial position, including forecasting, management and operational aspects of profit share, distributions and Partner communication (including Partner Reward Statements)
- Ensure accurate accounting of Shareholders financial position, including forecasting, management and operations aspects of dividends and Shareholder communication (including Shareholder Reward Statements)
- Manage relationships and budgets of external service providers including Tax, Audit and banking.
You will have the following skills, knowledge and expertise:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) preferred, part-qualified considered with appropriate experience
- Qualification in tax and/or corporate governance strongly preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience within a law firm or professional services setting, with strong working knowledge of Finance Operations and related processes
- Detailed understanding on financial control across a multinational Group
- Experience of analysing processes, proposing improvements and successfully implementing changes
- Experience of creating and amending policies, procedures and guides
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders, including business owners
- Advanced planning and organisation skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to be a great team player and work with various departments and stakeholder groups
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel
For further information about this position please contact Leia Henderson.
T: +44 20 7415 2818
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.