Head of Claims Quality
Our Client is a fast growing startup based in London, UK. Their vision is to assist their clients to unlock all of the funding that rewards innovation globally. They do this by combining expert knowledge and advanced technology to take the complexity out of claiming for funding that is available. Their current focus is on helping companies within the UK unlock some of the £5Bn of funds available annually for companies that invest in research and development.
Having built a client base of over 1000 companies in the last few years, They continue to expand their focus and as such are looking for a Head of Claim Quality to join their R&D tax team through a period of expansion. The Head of Quality will deliver, enhance and grow their R&D tax operations, expanding capacity, enhancing capability and supporting their move into new industry segments. The role will involve managing the tax function, working with their clients and internal teams.
About the Job:
The Head of Claim Quality role is engaged in the overall quality of the provision of their services with a specific focus on R&D tax claims. You will be responsible to develop and maintain a claim quality framework. In addition, you will be owning the Tax Centre of Excellence and sharing knowledge with client teams resulting in a thorough completion of the R&D tax claims within the quality framework. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Manage, train and motivate R&D Tax Team members
- Responsible for workload planning, quality of output and team management
- Ensure that company staff act in accordance with the relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Provide guidance and training to client servicing teams with respect to regulatory developments. This includes active involvement with development, improvement and maintenance of procedures, templates, soft and hard copy libraries and other know how resources
- Consolidate and analyse routine reports, including the analyses of monthly productivity reports
- Act as a point of contact for the company for HMRC and other governing bodies
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Self-starter capable of motivating, driving and developing the team
- Recognised by clients and internal colleagues as a subject matter expert in R&D tax
- Accounting or tax qualification: ATT/CTA/ACA/ACCA
- Effective communication skills at all levels
- Ability to explain and simplify highly technical point for clients and team members to understand
- Internal and external project management skills
- Experience with deadline-based deliveries
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Career growth including leadership and innovation
- Continuous learning for professional and personal growth
Our client has a strong set of values that permeate their culture and define how they work. You should consider whether these align with your personal values and style when considering this role.
- Lead with integrity: They do the right thing by their team, client and stakeholders. They find the right solution, not the first solution. They build trust through their technology and relationships.
- Professionalism in engagement: They are reliable and dependable in their behaviour. They are an authority in their subject matter – They know what we’re talking about. They invest in learning. They are respectful in their communication.
- Bold in outlook: They are an innovative organisation and invest in innovation in their technology, their processes and themselves. They are bold in their actions. They are market leading in their thinking and services. They are driven by data.
- Proactive in focus: They have a growth mindset. They’re not afraid of taking considered risks. They learn from mistakes and continuously improve. They don’t wait to be told, They act as an example.
- Approachable in style: They see themselves as an enabler of a wider ecosystem. They support each other and grow together. They are a team that is fun and positive. They make themselves accessible to their teams, clients and stakeholders. They take ownership of their actions.
If you are interested in discussing this further then please get in touch with Hu Kabir for a detailed brief.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.