11 months ago
My client is a UK subsidiary of an international bank, responsibilities include statutory accounting and regulatory reporting, capital and liquidity planning and management, financial and business control and tax. Operating as a UK bank also includes reporting to a Board with independent non-executive and non-executive members, as well as extensive interaction with the prudential regulator (PRA) in the well-developed regulatory landscape.
The job holder heads the Capital Planning and Management (UKEX) department, responsible for capital planning and management and will report directly to the CFO.
This work has to be executed both with a high degree of independence but also with a high level of cooperation within UK Head Office and with Group Finance, Group Risk Control and UK authorities. The head is also expected to work in a close cooperation within UKE departments.
The department currently consists of 2,5 staff. The job holder is responsible for continuing to build a specialised function in the centre of Finance and its leadership is expected to contribute positively to the strategic development of the capital management function, but also to the development of staff which is an important requirement as the Bank seek to build long term finance capability and a good platform for internal succession.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The responsibilities include:
* developing the processes and capital models for capital planning, reporting and documentation as well as participation in stress testing in the capital adequacy assessment process (ICAAP).
* analysing the UK Bank's capital needs, having a tight collaboration with Group Capital Management and proactively suggesting and implementing measures for optimising capital, but also participating in strategic development of the business aiming to improve the business profitability.
* reviewing new regulatory capital developments, all relevant policies, monitoring any policy gaps and driving initiatives to ensure compliance, analysing impact;
* building out infrastructure to increase efficiency, control and speed of the capital management process.
As the Bank over the coming years will develop IRB models, an important responsibility will be to be a key stakeholder in this project.
Development Potential: Working in an expanding and evolving finance department, this is an important and influential role, that offers you the opportunity to develop personally and broaden your professional experience. You will also gain the experience of the UK business' practice and products and will develop a broad network from interactions within the finance's counterparties.
The UK regulatory landscape is well developed and in the forefront of European regulation, hence adaptation and development in the UK will provide valuable insights and knowledge for future assignments in the Group.
This is also an excellent opportunity to join the finance function that is transitioning into a proactive and outward looking department.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The successful applicant should have broad finance knowledge and a deep understanding of capital and capital regulations. The applicant is expected to have worked in the field for several years and may have a background in technical accounting or in other areas of Finance, well versed in standards and regulations.
Other qualifications include:
* have a strong analytical skills
* have a good knowledge of financial control and analysis
* have a good understanding of CRD IV, CRR and Basel III capital regulations
* be able to work in an organised yet flexible manner
* have management experience
* have a strong sense of administrative order
* have sound knowledge of accounting practices
* understanding of liquidity and ALM will be a plus
* have good presentational skills and ability to interact with senior executives and Board
* have a strong interpersonal/communication skills in both written and spoken English
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.