£80000 - £90000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an award-winning fast growing group that has £1 billion in annual revenue.
This is a key role for a Tax Specialist who will work closely with the CFO and Senior Management team in order to advise on strategic tax matters which are relevant to the Company and ensure tax compliance across the Company's main tax areas of VAT, employment tax and corporation tax. Whilst this role covers all taxes, specialist knowledge and experience of VAT in particular is a core requirement for this position, given that this will be the main area of focus. Support to this role will be available from the Company's external tax advisers, together with the Financial Control team who undertake the core calculations for the various tax returns.
- Proactively advise and support the business on all tax developments, driven by either changes in legislation, or new product/service developments planned by the Company, particularly in the area of VAT.
- Ensure that legislative changes are reviewed and adopted as appropriate in a timely manner. Implement system changes if necessary.
- As the Company evolves and develops its IT and billing systems, ensure that tax rules are appropriately specified and incorporated in these developments and that the appropriate test plans are carried out.
- Ensure that relevant members of the Finance, Billing and Operations Teams have the relevant tax knowledge-base and training in order to undertake and support the required tax calculations.
- Liaise with HMRC as appropriate Working with the CFO, build and maintain good working relationships with tax authorities, whilst managing outside consultants and advisors.
Compliance and Risks and Controls:
- Review the individual tax submissions prepared by the Finance Team, focusing on high risk / complex areas in particular.
- Perform reviews and updates of process documentations as required.
- Proactively identify risk areas throughout the Company's tax processes, and identify remedial action and resource required to improve these.
- Project manage identified process improvements through to implementation.
Required Knowledge & Experience
- You should be a qualified accountant with a relevant tax qualification.
- Experience of responding to HMRC enquiries or visits. Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly with people at all levels of the organisation.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.