City of London, London
£90000 - £100000 per annum + Additional benefits
about 1 year ago
About the Company
Based in Central London, our client, is a leading specialty global Insurance firm, is seeking a strong technical Group Reporting Accountant.
About the Role
The Group Reporting Accountant will be responsible for the consolidation of both internal and external requirements, making sure the controls are firstly in place and secondly they are being adhered to. The role will also be accountable for technical papers as week as any other papers in relation to consolidation balances and transactions.
- Accurate & timely consolidation of the international business taking into account:
- Elimination of intra-group transactions and associated consolidation adjustments
- US & Group GAAP adjustments
- Create and manage the reporting timetable for the production of both Group and subsidiaries
- Review quarterly results for all UK entities
- Working across Legal Entity Reporting projects
- Partnering a number of different divisions across Finance
- Improving the thinking around the 'end to end process'
Skills & Experience required
- Qualified Accountant (minimum 3 years)
- Held a group accounting role within an Insurance entity
- Experience of intra-group reinsurance
- Using and analysing data from the GL's and associated databases
- Strong experience in the production of both individual & group financial statements
- Financial controls implementation and maintenance over the consolidation process
- Solid understanding of the London Insurance Market: Lloyd's & Company Market
You will be a strong leader able to be "hands on" whilst seeing the bigger picture. You will be nimble and able to operate at pace and with agility. A proven leader with presence, ambition and an ability to influence at all levels. In addition, you will be an effective communicator and able to influence with integrity and transparency. Whilst a background in Insurance is an advantage, our client will consider those from an FS background.
A generous salary package with benefits is on offer for the right candidate.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.