GM I Real Estate Tax Reporting & Compliance
Shape the Future. Embrace a Transformative Role.
Join a dynamic team at the forefront of business, finance, and technology. Our client is a global financial institution known for managing trillions in assets and serving as a cornerstone for the world’s leading banks as they navigate the digital age.
For our client we are seeking a leader for Real Estate Tax Compliance. Based in Frankfurt, Germany, you’ll ensure tax adherence for diverse real estate funds, manage filings, and provide strategic insights.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline or equivalent education and experience.
- 4+ years of work experience, preferably with a German Real Estate Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft or a Real Estate tax compliance team at a tax consultancy firm.
- 1-3 years of management experience preferred.
- Experience in Real Estate tax reporting and analysis.
- Bilingual proficiency in English and German.
- Ensure tax compliance for 30+ Real Estate funds in Germany and abroad, including ‘Immobilienfonds’ and ‘Immobilien-Spezialfonds’ per GITA.
- Handle reconciliation of GITA-related documents, such as ‘Feststellungserklärungen’ and ‘Überleitungs-rechnungen.’
- Calculate and maintain the real estate ratio under GITA requirements.
- Prepare and reconcile corporate income tax returns for Real Estate companies and properties.
- Manage the preparation and reconciliation of VAT returns, including input-VAT adjustments and ‘reverse charge’ declarations, as well as withholding tax returns.
- Lead a team responsible for tax and regulatory records, reports, and returns for external clients.
- Advise clients on tax and regulatory strategies, offering compliance suggestions.
- Manage team performance and define priorities for the department.
- Create client-specific metrics and monitor work output for satisfaction.
- Deliver recommendations to clients about regulatory and fund-related changes.
The company offers competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a culture of excellence and pay-for-performance philosophy. Flexible global resources and tools are provided to support personal and financial goals, along with generous paid leave policies.
The company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion in its workforce. The company supports employee wellbeing, work-life balance, and a range of inclusive employment policies and forums.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.