Global Head of Tax Accounting & Reporting
The Global Head of Tax Accounting & Reporting will be responsible for the outsourced compliance and reporting process, managing the third party outsource providers and will monitor and enhance the Group’s direct tax processes and controls, including leading on design and implementation of new reporting processes and controls as required.
To succeed in this role, you will be a strong tax accountant with significant experience of driving change and ensuring best practice is adhered to in a dynamic, growing multi-national group.
Tax Compliance & Accounting
- Preparation of the tax disclosures for the Companies consolidated group accounts prepared under IFRS and lead the relationship with external and internal auditors.
- Ensures that internal resources, processes, and controls are in place to produce accurate tax reporting, including identifying and implementing finance and tax process improvements as necessary.
- Owns risk management process for the tax function including identifying, monitoring and managing tax risks and communicating these to the Head of Tax and key stakeholders.
- Reviews and oversees the delivery of all tax reporting and compliance through managing third party advisors and internal resources
Leadership and Communication
- Establishes a tax risk and governance framework, optimizing the use of technology where appropriate and striving for continuous improvement
- Partners with the business to develop successful long-term strategic relationships advising on operations, transactions and other activities to achieve shared organizational objectives.
- Reviews new legislation and reporting standards and advice on the implications for the effective tax rate, cash forecasts and disclosures, updating relevant stakeholders as appropriate
- As a key member of the tax leadership team you will contribute to the success of the global tax function through leadership and direction within an agreed tax strategy.
It is essential that the successful candidate has the gravitas to influence a diverse range of stakeholders within both the corporate functions and operating businesses and to ensure the delivery of a range of high-profile and high-value projects.
Critical to the success of the role will be the ability to communicate tax to the broader business and to ensure that changes to processes and team are managed effectively. Key skills:
- The ability to operate effectively within a fast-paced matrix environment.
- Builds strategic, long-term relationships with the business and other stakeholders to drive positive business outcomes.
- A ‘Change Agent’ who can deliver improvement projects and initiatives, whilst maintaining buy in from key stakeholders.
- Results oriented, with a clear sense of priorities and direction.
- Senior leadership level experience with a strong, broad and deep knowledge of tax.
- Strategic view, yet hands on approach with the ability to challenge appropriately when necessary.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the aptitude for simplifying complex tax issues into key messages and insights.
- Experience of negotiations on domestic and international matters with tax authorities.
- Ability to deliver an agreed tax strategy with a keen focus on costs and a private equity mindset of continuous value creation and payback
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.