- Preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements for 30+ entities in various countries (Income Statement and Cash Flow) along with compiling consolidated information for senior management and shareholders. Liaise as needed on any follow up questions related to financial performance working directly with the CFO.
- Preparation of quarterly consolidated financial statements for 30+ entities in various countries (Balance Sheet and Income Statement) along with presentation files for senior management team as well as for board review and approval of dividends payouts, which includes end to end consolidation accounting process inclusive booking all required elimination journals.
- Preparation of year end IFRS consolidated financial statements for UK holding company (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash flow, Equity as well as full disclosures) and work closely with external advisors to prepare fully compliant Stand Alone and Consolidated IFRS financials for completion of audit process by end of March.
- Monthly review of the balance sheet in close coordination with the global accounting team to ensure all amounts are fully reconciled and substantiated on the statement of position along with documentation of balances and driving resolution on any open amounts.
- Monitor, Review and manage closely the accounting month and close process along with the staff and interject and assist as needed by being able to roll up your sleeves and step in where needed to help close the books on time, which includes preparation of journal entries at times as well as reviewing and approving journal entries as necessary.
- Supervise and manage a growing global accounting team that currently consists of 6 individuals. This entails oversight as well as consistent communications, goal setting, including recruitment, training, performance evaluation, and professional development.
- Work closely with CFO on the continued development and build out of the finance team with future hires as the company evolves and more and more capacity currently being outsourced to advisors are brought in house to achieve cost and operational synergies. Implement the necessary technology upgrade projects to facilitate scalability of the finance and accounting function.
- Develop and maintain financial policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure the integrity of financial information and compliance with relevant regulations. Preparation of accounting memos as needed and/or work closely with external PWC advisors to ensure technical accounting topics are properly documented and communicated to external auditors.
- Manage and coordinate the annual external audit process related to the consolidated financial statement of the UK holding company, ensuring timely completion and resolution of audit findings.
- Provide strategic financial analysis and recommendations to support business decision-making, such as capital investments, cost optimization, and revenue enhancement opportunities.
- Collaborate with Treasury team to assess and improve financial processes and systems, driving efficiency, and effectiveness and ensure day to day operations and payments are made in a timely manner. This includes insuring that monthly cash settlements are performed in time and in alignment with billings so that proper liquidity is always maintained in all operating entities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including legal to ensure all relevant matters pertaining to the finance function are closely adhered to including global transfer pricing agreements and other legal matters that have nexus to the finance team.
- Stay abreast of accounting and financial reporting standards, regulations, and industry trends, providing guidance and implementing changes as necessary.
- Work with international subsidiary accounting teams to ensure proper month end and year end accounting matters are addressed within the month end close timeline and reporting requirements are met on time.
- Ensure intercompany transactions are recorded correctly and appropriately eliminated in consolidated financial statements as well as oversight and monitor the month end Intercompany reconciliation process that is managed by the staff.
- 15+ years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s or master’s in accountancy.
- CPA license required.
- Public accounting experience with a “Big 4” firm preferred.
- Experience as Controller or higher in multijurisdictional private equity backed company.
- At least 5 years hands on experience with Multi Currency/Multi Country Consolidation.
- Ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and get into the details as needed and work through complicated manual accounting processes leveraging excel.
- IPO readiness or public company experience is preferred.
- History of scaling and process improvement for finance and accounting operations.
- Strong technical accounting skills (US GAAP and IFRS) with demonstrated experience in writing technical accounting memos.
- Strong knowledge of international tax as well as understanding of deferred and current income tax calculations.
- Deep understanding of NetSuite and all related activities.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in assessing, developing, and implementing controls and systems.
- Experience and knowledge of international transfer pricing.
- Proven ability to hire, manage, and mentor high-performing teams; experience in leading a global accounting team with an international presence is critical.
- Excellent communication and strong presentation skills and ability to effectively collaborate and drive initiatives cross-functional.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.