Dubai, United Arab Emirates
6 months ago
An exciting opportunity exisits for a Financial Controller to join a global professional services firm based in Dubai. The Financial Controller directs both the management and financial accounting functions, ensuring key controls are effective, internal and external reporting needs are met, provides timely and relevant management information to decision-makers and promotes financial and commercial awareness to client-facing staff.
- Work with the senior management team to develop and deliver the finance team strategy and in turn contribute to the strategy and success of the wider firm.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management information including firm, office and department P&Ls, Balance Sheets, Fee and Working Capital reports
- Financial planning and analysis work against the firm's KPIs and other quantitative and qualitative metrics
- Management of the annual budget process in line with the firm's business plan
- Provision of financial information to clients, Partners and staff on fees, debtors, and time recording when required
- Assess current finance practices around the firm in managing matters, billing and debt exposure and contribute to projects and other initiatives to apply continual improvements to those processes.
- Ensure financial risks across the firm and all related controls are appropriately documented, fully understood by all those concerned and regularly reviewed.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or a finance discipline from a leading University.
- Qualified Accountant and/or MBA with significant post-qualification experience in a global professional services firm.
- A minimum of 10 years experience managing finance teams, preparing and analysing reports with the ability to work well under pressure meeting tight deadlines.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to convey a message that is understandable and relevant, linking business issues, financial results and strategy.
- Highly analytical, technically proficient and a confident financial management leader
- Experience in working in a matrix reporting structure complex.
- Excellent commercial judgment and a very strong financial, analytical, planning, and implementation skills with a "bottom line" orientation
- Bilingual skills i.e. English-Arabic will be an advantage
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.