Part-time role - competitive salary
10 months ago
This is an exciting opportunity for somebody living on Sydney's Northern Beaches or North Shore to step into a Financial Controller role on a part time basis. Working closely with the family owners of several small to medium businesses, you will bring your financial and tax expertise to the table and have full responsibility for everything finance.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Monthly and annual financial reporting, including statutory reporting for several business entities.
- Own the budgeting and forecasting process, including the cashflow forecast.
- Manage all tax matters including tax enquiries and the preparation and completion of annual tax returns.
- Provide tax advice to the management team including tax effective calculations.
- Continuous process reviews, including the improvement of IT systems and tax compliance processes.
- Regular engagement with external stakeholders including auditors, banks, lawyers and the ATO.
As a qualified CA/CPA, you will demonstrate broad experience within accounting and finance, complemented with a good level of local tax knowledge. Enthusiastic about working within a small team environment, you will have excellent engagement skills, dealing with several internal and external stakeholders and be confident working with smaller accounting software packages such as MYOB or Xero.
Ideally, we are looking for applicants who can work autonomously and are considered technically strong. Preferably from a professional services environment, or equivalent, you are naturally confident in your manner and approach, complemented with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.brewermorris.com.au
Brewer Morris is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.