Part-time role - competitive salary
over 1 year ago
This is an exciting opportunity for somebody living on Sydney's Northern Beaches or North Shore to step into a Financial Controller role on a part time basis. Working closely with the family, you will bring your financial and tax expertise to the table and have full responsibility for their accounting and tax affairs.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Monthly and annual financial reporting, including statutory reports.
- Own the budgeting and forecasting process, including the cashflow forecast.
- Manage all tax matters including tax enquiries and the preparation and completion of annual tax returns.
- Accounting for diversified investment portfolio including agricultural businesses.
- Continuous process reviews, including the improvement of IT systems and tax compliance processes.
- Regular engagement with external stakeholders including auditors, banks, lawyers and the ATO.
As a qualified CA/CPA, you will demonstrate broad accounting and tax experience and happy working within a small office environment. You will have excellent engagement skills, dealing with several internal and external stakeholders and be confident working with smaller accounting software packages such as MYOB or Xero.
Ideally, we are looking for applicants who can work autonomously and are considered technically strong. Preferably from a professional services environment, or equivalent, you are naturally confident in your manner and approach, complemented with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.brewermorris.com.au
Brewer Morris is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.