Exciting opportunity to join a leading multi-national real estate company involved in investment, development & management of residential properties around the world in a newly created position! Our client, with headquarters in the US, have been building momentum in Europe this year and are planning to take on more projects in the coming year. They are now looking to bring on board a Finance Manager to be based in their Paris office, who will be responsible for the full suite of finance for their development properties in France as well as support on some finance responsibilities for their French investment properties. The ideal candidate will have experience in the property development/construction sector.
- Maintain the project budgets, accounting and reporting of a mixed portfolio of VEFA deals, developments, 3rd party operational platform, and corporate structures
- Oversee the monthly financial closer for all French entities/ relevant structures and the review and presentation of monthly financial reporting
- Manage all internal and external reporting for all French entities/relevant structures, including quarterly management accounts, lender compliance reporting and annual audited accounts
- Review completeness and accuracy of all accounting and reporting completed by 3rd party outsource providers.
- Lead the quarterly Fair Value reporting from a finance perspective for all assets from coordinating the inputs to the development team (costs to complete)
- Manage the onboarding of new development, forward fund, forward purchase deals and acquisitions in France and across Europe if needed
- Ensure monthly funding process for all development (and other) projects happens smoothly
- Liaise with external partners and lenders, providing additional data and information as requested, and answering questions necessary to facilitate the funding process in a timely manner
- Maintain and report on project budgets, arrange the necessary approvals, ensure accurate coding of invoices, charging of Development Management Fees, and submission of payment requests to third party administrators
- Review all payment runs before they are sent to 3rd party administrator for processing. Ensure strong working relationship with 3rd party administrator is maintained
- Review monthly/quarterly VAT returns across all projects, as required
- Assist Corporate FP&A Controller with Business Plan processes
- Identify areas to improve existing processes and templates to increase team effectiveness and efficiency.
- Review development, lender and all other key agreements for projects assigned, understanding reporting requirements, deadlines and fee calculations
- Coordination with external auditors on annual audit of all French entities
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Responds to questions regarding developments, provides support, and ensures timely completion of accounting processes for reporting
- Complete various financial, accounting, administrative and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an Accounting/Finance/Audit role
- Experience with the Real Estate sector, particularly in property development or construction
- Qualified Accountant is a plus
- Familiarity with IFRS and local GAAP
- Proficient in Microsoft suite
- Experience with Yardi is a plus
- Fluent English & French speaker
- Self-starter, hands-on
- Enjoys working with an international team
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.