North London, London
9 months ago
Brewer Morris are pleased to be partnering with Anthony Nolan as they look to appoint a Finance Director who will report to The Chief Executive having overall responsibility for Finance, Legal, Governance, Procurement and Property.
Purpose of role
To lead Anthony Nolan's financial and risk management, taking responsibility for the strategic development and leadership of Anthony Nolan's financial, legal and physical resource as well as playing a key role in a new commercial development. You will play a pivotal role in analysing key metrics to guide the charity's decision making, implement recommendations and ensure everyone has the right resource to deliver their best for our beneficiaries. You will provide strong and clear leadership, working collaboratively with Divisions and ensuring the Finance Division delivers high performing, responsive and cost-effective services to the organisation. You will not only be an exceptional accountant, hands on with the Charity's finances, but be commercially aware advising on the best path of growth for the business.
Finance Director Job Duties
- To play a pivotal role in the leadership of Anthony Nolan as a member of the Senior Leadership Team and develop and maintain productive relationships with other Senior Leaders
- To lead, develop and motivate the managers within the Finance Division to deliver their key objectives
- To lead the Finance Division to ensure high performance and an excellent and responsive service for the organisation. .
- To lead and develop financial and commercial strategies for the Charity
- To play a key role in negotiating and managing commercial contracts.
- To develop and analyse key metrics that provide insight to Anthony Nolan's financial performance and make recommendations.
- To lead and develop excellent relationships with key external stakeholders
- To work with colleagues on employee benefits packages to ensure cost effective benefits solutions.
- To keep abreast of and highlight any external factors that may impact Anthony Nolan financially.
- To lead the organisation's risk management
- To ensure the financial, property and legal compliance of Anthony Nolan's management.
- To work with multiple teams and Divisions across the organisation to ensure we can deliver our strategy.
- To lead the budgeting process and ensure value for money across the Charity.
- To work with the Board and Audit and Finance Committee on our investment strategy and governance.
- Seeking efficiencies and driving process improvement to enable pace and impact
- Driving an effective partnering approach in pursuit of collaboration.
- Strong track record of successful financial management, supported by a professional business accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA, ICAEW)
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to inspire and empower others to achieve their goals.
- A sound understanding of delivering commercial initiatives and a strong commercial focus to drive the performance of the organisation while balancing the ethos of its Not for Profit status.
- Strong problem solver who can question traditional assumptions and is able to adjust to changing demands or new ideas.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders and to develop and sustain professional partnerships.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuade and influence.
- Experience of leading and delivering strategic projects and programmes as well as analysing business models, trends and KPIs
Personal Style and Behaviour
- Empathy with the work and purpose of Anthony Nolan
- Commercial acumen
- Forward thinker who makes connections and sees the longer-term impact.
- Able to foster trust by delegating, empowering and coaching as needed.
- Excellent judgement.
Should this opportunity be of interest and you are keen to learn more, please send your CV through to email@example.com and one of the team will be in touch to discuss your application.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.