Finance & Compensation Analyst
The company is seeking a Finance & Compensation Analyst to support their Partner compensation model. The Analyst will focus on rigorous quantitative analysis to provide a range of key compensation model inputs while being given the opportunity to grow into increasing responsibility with an experienced team.
Initial responsibilities cover a range of topics, including consolidation and reconciliation of global Partner base, benefit & taxes, generation of year-to-date credit files for compensation calculations and other analytical and special project support for the Partner Compensation efforts. Over time, the analyst will take responsibility for direct support of Partner compensation processes for one of our regions.
The Analyst will report to a Compensation Lead, collaborate with many departments across the organization, and coordinate with business leaders over time. The ideal candidate will have a finance background, possess excellent analytical and interpersonal capabilities and an interest in compensation.
- Ensure global base, benefit & taxes details in country specific workbooks reconcile to our P&L (Oracle Financial System) coordinating with the Senior FP&A and Compensation Analyst
- For some countries, the country specific workbooks will be prepared by local Controllership and/or HC Ops colleagues
- In other countries, these will need to be prepared and then reconciled by the Finance and Compensation Analyst
- Prepare analysis for the Compensation Leads and Regional Finance Directors to understand the changes in base, benefit & tax costs year over year. Highlight key changes impacting costs in this area and meet with Finance Directors as needed to ensure impacts are fully understood
- Create partner compensation credit file used in compensation calculations. Analyze outcomes to ensure accuracy. Proactively communicate any compensation trends and prepare ad-hoc analysis as required
- Over time, the Finance and Compensation Analyst will take over one of the regional compensation files. This will entail calculating Partner compensation, proactively communicating with Region Head, Regional Finance Director and Regional Management Committee members to ensure compensation outcomes are understood
- Mitigate risks by ensuring data quality and accuracy of reports are tightly managed, while also relying heavily on reporting automation
- Support special projects and produce ad hoc compensation analysis as needed to support the companys strategic goals
- Develop tools and actively identify ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of processes
- BA or BS degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent
- 1-2 years’ experience in a consulting, financial, or highly analytical role preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Must be comfortable working with and manipulating large amounts of data in excel using advanced formulas. Knowledge of Macros is strongly desired.
- Strong PowerPoint skills
- Experience with Oracle EPM and SmartView is a plus
Skills and Attributes:
- Superior analytical skills, attention to detail, and well organized
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities in a fast paced, deadline-driven and quickly changing work environment
- Strong initiative to seek and accept new challenges with a high level of intellectual curiosity
- Creative problem-solver
- Thrives in a team environment, including willingness to assist other team members and share knowledge
- Sharp verbal and written communication skills
- Innovative, confident and willing to challenge the status quo
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.