Federal Tax Manager
This position in corporate tax group will be instrumental in the effective operation of the organization and will assist leading the utility tax operations team. In general, the Tax Manager will lead and provide day to day direction of staff and be responsible for the overall management of all areas of income taxation including tax provision, compliance, planning, regulatory, and audit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage the preparation and review of the Company’s timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and year-end tax provisions (under ASC 740), including financial statement and regulatory tax disclosures.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and review of the Company’s federal, multi-state, local income and franchise tax returns, and quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Manage the tax requirements for financial forecasting and strategic planning.
- Manage the tax requirements for regulatory filings and audits.
- Coordinate and review responses to audit inquiries from taxing authorities, and internal and external auditors.
- Proactively monitor existing and emerging tax laws, legislation and rulings, GAAP, and SEC regulations.
- Conduct technical research and maintain compliance with IRS rules/regulations and rules under ASC740.
- Identify and develop tax planning opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of the industry and the business.
- Continuously seek to improve tax processes, identifying and leading process improvements through use of technology and innovation.
- Work in a collaborative team environment, managing and developing staff through effective and timely supervision, training, performance management and appraisal.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required.
- Master’s Degree in Taxation and/or CPA certification required.
- 10+ years (including 2+ in leadership role) of progressive experience in corporate tax; preferably with a large CPA firm or large corporate tax department required.
- Experience in energy or utility industry desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
- Requires strong, in-depth knowledge of tax accounting (ASC 740) and tax compliance.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment while managing multiple priorities and shifting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel.
- Knowledge of SAP, PowerPlan tax provision and fixed asset platforms desirable.
- Knowledge of Alteryx or other data analytics tools desirable.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.