Expense Accounting Associate
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performing basic expense accounting procedures, e.g. expense accruals, journal entries, roll forward reconciliation, and reporting
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reports and analysis
- Prepare and participate in the monthly review of the expense flux analysis
- Able to create and provide report to Management Team summarizing management fees accounting and balances
- Prepare and provide the financial reporting team expenses analysis
- Analyzing and reconciling general ledger balances and transactions in conjunction with preparing monthly and quarterly reports for management
- Producing financial data for management team upon request and assisting with other special accounting projects from time to time
- Performing expenses flux analysis and monthly matrix
- Serve as the back up to other accounting functions of the Operating expenses team
The Minimum Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of related accounting experience
The Ideal Qualifications
- 6+ year of progressive accounting experience in a variety of expense roles
- Demonstrated experience navigating GAAP and Statutory expense practices.
- Experience with intercompany accounting and consolidations
- Experience with data query tools like SAP Business Warehouse, Analysis for Office, Hyperion, or similar tools
- SAP S4 Hana with SAC and AO experience
- Hands on experience creating and supporting journal entries, reconciling accounts, and working with accounting controls.
- Previous experience with month-end, quarter close and year end accounting cycles.
- Previous experience writing accounting memorandums, summarizing data, and presenting accounting results to senior leadership.
- Ability to create and evolve new processes.
- Prior experience advising and teaching accounting concepts and processes to non-accounting business partners.
- Strong organization, oral and written communication skills
- Experience working and leading sourced teams
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong computer aptitude, which includes expertise with Microsoft Excel and Word as well as experience with accounting software and SAP general ledgers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong attention to customer service and quality results
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate on improvements
- Monitor key controls to mitigate risk
- Analytical skills with particular attention to detail
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.