European VAT Manager – Energy Company
Reporting to the Head of International Tax, the VAT Manager is responsible for ensuring the organization’s adherence to all relevant indirect tax regulations and requirements. This role plays a critical part in maintaining financial accuracy, minimizing tax liabilities, and preventing penalties related to VAT. The incumbent will manage the organization’s VAT processes, including registration, filing, compliance, and reporting. The role will work closely with our outsourced service providers across Europe as well as the group finance team. With over 370 legal entities in the portfolio, a strong focus on co-ordination and efficiency is required.
- Provide input and advice on VAT planning and optimization strategies to minimize VAT liability within legal boundaries.
- Provide training as needed to ensure proper compliance.
- Collaborate with tax authorities during VAT audits, offering requested documentation and explanations.
- Resolve VAT-related disputes or issues, finding solutions that align with tax regulations.
- Review and approve VAT returns, typically on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Collate records of all VAT-related transactions, invoices, receipts, and financial documents.
- Ensure that records are readily available for potential audits or inspections.
- Stay informed about changes in VAT laws and regulations.
- Provide guidance to internal departments and stakeholders regarding VAT-related matters.
- Maintain records of VAT compliance procedures, VAT filing status calendar, policies, and documentation.
- Manage reconciliation of VAT accounts to identify and rectify discrepancies or errors.
- Generate periodic reports and analyses on VAT, helping management understand its impact on financial performance.
What will you need to succeed in the role?
- Bachelor’s degree related to accounting, finance, taxation or a relevant advanced tax accounting qualification (e.g., CTA / ACA / ACCA qualification) is preferred.
- Experience in VAT reporting and compliance, preferably within a multinational company or a reputable accounting firm.
- In-depth knowledge of VAT laws, regulations, and accounting principles, with the ability to apply them effectively in the context of solar renewable development.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.