£65000 - £85000 per annum + bonus & benefits
3 months ago
Instructed on an exclusive basis, we are managing the search for a European Tax Manager on behalf of a multi-fund and multi-jurisdictional Private Equity Investment business.
Reporting into the European Tax Director, this individual would assist with advising on investments across the European funds, maintaining a robust tax controls environment and ensuring the group is compliant with statutory tax requirements.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide oversight and management of tax compliance matters for the funds and advisory group, as well as support the European Tax Director on ad-hoc tax projects.
- Managing corporate tax related matters for the advisory group and European Funds
- Oversight / review of outsourced compliance and reporting including
- Managing the global transfer pricing policy and related workstreams
- Review of UK VAT reporting and advising on international VAT matters
- Supporting the European Tax Director with management of Group Tax risk
- Advising on fund of fund transactions and assisting with ad hoc questions.
- Ad hoc support to the Tax Director with Investment and Fund Tax Structuring across Europe
- Ad hoc support to the Tax Director with M&A transactions in Europe
Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified ACA or CTA, from a big 4 firm or a similar position in another Private Equity business.
- Previous experience of the Private Equity industry and current tax issues is extremely advantageous.
- Previous experience of fund and corporate tax compliance.
- International outlook, with operational understanding of fund and investment holding structures.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, ability to explain complex tax issues to the business in simple terms.
- Professionalism, integrity and a strong work ethic with dedication to the position and the firm.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.