European Financial Controller
I have partnered with a global tech and energy business who are seeking a European Financial Controller to lead their EU finance team. This is a hybrid role and will be based in their central London offices.
Reporting into the Global Controller, this is a pivotal role that involves guiding a small team that handles a broad range of responsibilities from daily financial reporting to long-term departmental planning.
- Lead and mentor the EU accounting team, including oversight of EU product control.
- Compile statutory and consolidated financial statements and understand/review monthly covenant reporting standards.
- Maintain and review monthly journal entries and manage financial records for subsidiaries through analysis of balance sheets and general ledger accounts.
- Support the creation of balance sheets, income statements and generate weekly/monthly reports.
- Prepare corporate tax provision and filings and supervise monthly VAT filings.
- Assist in external audit engagement, providing research and drafting technical accounting memos when necessary.
- Assist with ad hoc accounting and finance related projects.
Skills and experience:
- ACA or ACCA qualified finance professional with proven experience in a leadership role within a finance team.
- Tangible experience in derivative accounting with relevant commodities is essential.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles and procedures and previous exposure to UK GAAP or IFRS.
- Proven experience dealing with auditors and preparation of financial statements.
- Experience with consolidations and foreign exchange transfers.
- Proficiency in using financial software, databases, and systems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and a ‘hands on’ manner that allows you to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
This is a brilliant opportunity offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.