EMEA Tax Senior Manager
We have a current opportunity for a EMEA Tax Senior Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in London on a hybrid model, 3 days in and 2 days at home. This role reports into the Senior Director of International Tax.
Responsibilites include but are not limited to:
- Manage tax compliance and all tax reporting for entities in EMEA. Oversee and monitor preparation and submission of all EMEA tax returns and ensure that all direct tax filings are made on a timely basis. Prepare and submit UK tax computations in-house.
- Perform detailed reviews of tax accounting computations under US GAAP and assist local finance teams in arriving at the annual provision computations. Assist with the annual return to provision computations, identify statutory to US GAAP differences, and review and assist local finance teams with substantiating deferred tax account balances. Assist local finance teams with the quarterly corporation tax payment reconciliations.
- Withholding taxes – Monitor, review, document and improve the Withholding tax compliance process.
- Assist and drive various tax advisory projects, such as M&A, tax disputes/audits, global mobility/employment tax queries, VAT advisory, and legal contract review.
- Business partner with EMEA finance directors to understand market needs for tax and drive efficiency. Be the first point of contact on all tax matters for the EMEA region.
- Assist with Transfer Pricing calculations and Pillar 2 initiatives.
Skills and Attributes:
- Must have – Qualified accountant (ACA/CA); preferred – Charted Tax Adviser (CTA)
- Approximately 5 years of experience of working in industry and a multi-national company background with proven records of covering the EMEA region
- Strong self-organization skills and attention to detail
- Reliable, honest, and having a cooperative attitude is essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, self-motivated, meet both internal and external deadlines
- Team player, able to get on with colleagues and build relationships with different parts of the business
- Willing to “get hands dirty”, e.g. to prepare UK tax computations, check tax balances, in a small and close-knit team
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.