EMEA Regional Tax Manager
We are excited to present a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Tax Manager to lead tax initiatives across Northern Europe. Our client, a prominent multinational corporation, is seeking a skilled individual to manage tax affairs for the region while collaborating closely with key regional and country contacts. Reporting to the EMEA Head of Tax, who is based in London, this role also involves providing support on various EMEA tax projects. The position offers an excellent platform for exposure to numerous senior stakeholders, promising significant career progression.
- Focus primarily on the Northern European region, with a specific emphasis on Germany, Netherlands, Belux, and Scandinavian countries.
- Collaborate seamlessly with regional and country stakeholders, including Controllers, FP&A, legal, HR, and operational teams.
- Ensure the accurate and timely reporting of statutory tax disclosures, quarterly and year-end tax provisions, cash taxes, true-ups, and tax account reconciliations.
- Oversee the filing of corporate income tax and other regional tax submissions, meeting deadlines as required.
- Effectively manage tax authority inquiries and audits.
- Identify and implement best practices to mitigate audit risks.
- Undertake direct responsibility for regional tax tasks, including withholding tax, registrations, tax clearances, governance requirements, and more.
- Project manage external tax advisors when outsourcing is necessary.
- Identify and initiate the in-sourcing of reporting (provisioning) to achieve cost savings.
- Stay up-to-date with evolving tax laws and share relevant updates with key stakeholders.
- Develop a deep understanding of tax and business issues both within and outside the tax team.
- Mentor and guide more junior members of the global tax team.
- Provide valuable support to the EMEA Head of Tax on regional tax advisory work, including legal entity rationalization and M&A.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Possess a minimum of 8 years of extensive tax experience, gained either in a public accounting firm or a multinational corporation.
- Hold a professional qualification in tax and/or accountancy.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of EMEA corporate taxation, with a specialization in Germany, Netherlands, and Belgium.
- Adept at addressing indirect tax matters.
- Familiarity with both US GAAP and IFRS.
- Proficiency in using OneSource tax technology.
- Exhibit strong business partnering skills to ensure that tax implications are considered early in decision-making processes.
- Proactive, self-starter capable of working both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Adaptability to a fast-paced, dynamic work environment, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities concurrently.
- Quickly grasp and integrate business objectives while effectively communicating regional tax requirements.
- Strong prioritization skills to ensure the achievement of set goals.
- Proven track record in providing commercially focused tax advice within the region.
- Possess excellent English communication skills and fluency in German.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.