Director of SEC Reporting
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play an integral role in maintaining a highly responsive and technically sound financial reporting department that interfaces across the organization to support key business initiatives.
- Responsible for the preparation of quarterly and annual consolidations using consolidation software.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual SEC style financial statements.
- Development of reports using consolidation software to support external reporting requirements.
- Coordination, planning and execution of external audits with independent auditors.
- Partners with other members of finance, tax, treasury, legal, merchandise and other departments to obtain necessary information and analysis to support reporting and auditing process.
- Preparation of multiple sets of annual financial statements for various legal entities within the Company. Statements are prepared in accordance with US GAAP, IFRS, GASB and other GAAPs
- Preparation of financial covenant calculations.
- Preparation of analysis of statutory GAAP to US GAAP differences for foreign locations
- Analyze emerging accounting and disclosure standards in various GAAPs and presents impact of such changes to Controller. Prepares memoranda supporting Company’s position and impact on the Company.
- Assist with preparation of information for quarterly investor calls
- Drive process improvements related to financial reporting.
- Design, write and ensure effective and practical implementation of corporate accounting policies and procedures.
- Develop, mentor and recruit individuals to the financial reporting department as necessary.
- Oversee all financial reporting matters including IFRS and US GAAP compliance, international accounting and financial reporting.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and analysis processes inclusive of financial communication to leadership teams.
- Consistently deliver timely and accurate financial reporting and analysis.
- Provide insight and analytical support to the development of quarterly and annual external investor messaging and support of external reporting requirements.
- Develop and drive necessary financial policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Play a leading role in directing change initiatives and process improvements.
- Maintain effective systems and controls to ensure the integrity of financial data and processes in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and GAAP/IFRS requirements.
- Drive process change to affect efficiencies in overall accounting and finance processes.
- Understand key operating levers and their impact on overall financial performance.
- Be Adaptable and resilient with a willingness to embrace change and an ability to drive change.
- Think and act in a forward-looking manner, including the demonstrated ability to anticipate challenges and opportunities and address them in a proactive, pragmatic, fact-driven manner.
- Implement best practices to capture, analyze, and report financial data and trends in a timely and effective manner.
- Foster a partnering mentality with the ability to collaborate with the business to develop consensus and drive process efficiencies and business solutions.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with advanced Master’s degree preferred
- CPA or equivalent certification required
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant international accounting experience
- Thorough understanding of IFRS and US GAAP.
- Experience in a large multi-national corporation handling international accounting and reporting requirements of multiple legal entities
- Highly analytic approach to identifying causes and drivers of issues and developing value-driving solutions.
- Strong communication skills, including being a good listener and articulating complex issues in a crisp, compelling, and insightful manner.
- Microsoft Office proficiency
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.