Director of Finance
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and creating strategic initiatives.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic plans and Standard Operating Procedures
- Develop financial and tax strategies.
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes.
- Develop performance measures and monitoring systems that support the company’s strategic direction.
- Responsible for taking on a leadership role in all financial decision-making that affects the company.
- Provide leadership, direction, and management of the finance and accounting team.
- Provide strategic recommendations to the Company President.
- Provide strategic financial input to members of the Leadership Team.
- Manage the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and oversee the preparation of all financial reporting.
- Advising on long-term business and financial planning
- Review and evolve SOPs for all Finance and IT-related procedures
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the Leadership Team.
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the Leadership Team.
- Manage the accounting and IT departments.
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies.
- Manage third parties to which finance functions have been outsourced.
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems.
- Implement SOP’s and operational best practices.
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package.
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile.
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that record keeping meets basic GAAP requirements.
- Report risk issues to the Company President.
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts.
- Arrange for debt financing and equity financing.
- Maintain banking relationships.
- Represent the company with potential investment bankers and investors.
The candidate Director of Finance should have a master’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Should have experience in partnering with an executive team and have a high level of written and oral communication skills. Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance and the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
Working Conditions: Will work in a casual office environment/work from home some days.
Supervises: Bookkeeper, AP Clerk, and IT Manager.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.