Director of Accounting
- Responsible for developing/sustaining/improving department processes to provide assurance that facility level financial statements are fairly and accurately stated.
- Establishes effective procedures to monitor results and adherence to internal controls for assigned facilities and assigned facilities of staff members. Develops actionable, comprehensive programs to fulfill objectives of the department and the company.
- Embraces, implements, and oversees all development of staff to include career pathing, performance management, mentoring, etc.
- Ability to source, select, develop, promote, and retain top financial talent.
- Facilitate the completion of monthly closing procedures, including roll forwards and reconciliations.
- Oversee and prepare / distribute monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages.
- Provide quarterly budget-to-actual comparisons to department heads.
- Collect support and interact with external auditors on complex issues.
- Actively participate/manage the yearly budgeting process, providing guidance to staff and their facilities as needed.
- Performing tasks of Director assigned facilities (1-2 facilities) including but not limited Record all of the month-end journal entries for assigned facilities.
- Perform financial statement variance analysis to ensure the facility-level financial statements are properly stated.
- Act as a resource for facility contacts, internal departments, as well as USPI management, to assist in providing/explaining financial statement information.
- Perform monthly/quarterly cash flow analysis to support distribution calculations.
- Perform facility valuations.
- Perform all month-end balance sheet reconciliations (including bank reconciliations) for the facilities in which they are assigned.
- Provide supporting documentation to internal and external auditors.
- Assist with special projects and various ad-hoc requests from customers (Administrators, RVPs, MPs, etc.).
- 10+ years of significant professional finance experience with five years of supervisory experience.
- BS in Finance or Accounting required. CPA and/or MBA highly recommended.
- Takes ownership and pride in his/her work and enjoys learning new things.
- Written and oral communications including Sr. Management presentations are impeccably clear, concise, and timely, when analyzing complex organizational issues and challenges.
- Is extremely proficient in Excel, knowledgeable in other Office applications, and Oracle GL experience a plus (but not a requirement).
- Has the capacity / ability to multi-task to meet needs of customers, direct reports, and external partners.
- Strong work ethic, independence, and dependability, and expects same from staff.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.