Derivative Accounting Analyst
- Perform derivative accounting daily processes and prepare journal entries and month-end processes and controls. Requires regular communication with the Derivative Accounting Manager and personnel in the Risk & Pricing and Supply & Marketing teams to ensure transactions are effectively identified and accounted for and applying appropriate accounting treatment under relevant accounting standards (collaborating with Derivative Accounting Manager and Technical Accounting personnel, when necessary).
- Prepare reports or analysis in response to routine and non-routine reporting requirements/requests under the review/direction of the Derivative Accounting Manager. Reporting areas/functions supported include estimate and earnings reporting and quarterly/annual external reporting (earnings calls and financial statements & disclosures).
- Assist the Derivative Accounting Manager develop and implement derivative accounting policies and procedures and ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College Degree (Bachelors Level).
The minimum number of years of job related experience required by this job is:
- 2 years.
List any specialized training or unique skills required:
- Understanding of commodity derivatives and application of accounting principles.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.