An exciting Customs & Excise Manager opportunity has arisen at a global beverages corporation in the UK. This position will be based in Lancashire, Preston.
The right individual will take on a range of customs and excise processes for the UK & Ireland entities, whilst supporting the broader tax function and the Senior Customs & Excise Manager on European projects when required.
The role will be roughly 70% excise and 30% customs.
- To maintain and develop customs and excise processes whilst ensuring compliance with HMRC regulations.
- Sustaining knowledge of customs and excise regulations and how they impact company operations.
- Responsible for accurate excise tax reporting and maintain excise duty management system.
- Conduct internal and external warehousing compliance audits.
- Provide training in systems and processes, and provide routine guidance to internal stakeholders across the business.
- Manage testing of any excise related systems enhancements.
- Assist in the development of customs and excise related projects.
- Keeping up to date with legislative changes across the market for UK and overseas.
- At least 5 years experience working within an excise controlled environment, either coming from a top practice firm or large industry.
- In-depth working knowledge of customs and excise regulations and a strong compliance mindset.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work unsupervised.
- Excellent team player and the ability to build relationships across functional areas.
This corporation is a very driven and motivated business. Someone who has the right confidence, gravitas and commercial mindset to go above and beyond.
Pay between £50,000-£60,000 + a very strong bonus and benefits package.
If you are interested and meet the required skill set - please contact Simon Riva on 0207 3322 138 or email@example.com
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.