City of London, London
£60000 - £70000 per annum
10 months ago
An exciting brand new tax opportunity has arisen for a qualified corporate tax professional to join one of the world's largest insurer, based in their London city HQs.
This position will be part of the EMEA tax team supporting the business across the region for all taxes. The business is going through an exciting period with aquisitions, worldwide projects and major growth in their portfolio across their specialist insurance policies. Because of this, the tax team are also expanding by bringing in 3 tax professionals.
The purpose of this role is to support the EMEA Direct Tax team, which manages all direct tax issues across more than 20 jurisdictions. The role reports into the Senior Tax Managers and responsibilities will primarily be in compliance, reporting and support for various projects across Europe.
- Support the team with the US, UK and Local GAAP tax reporting processes.
- Support the team with compliance for UK and European jurisdictions.
- Assist with review and/or preparation of tax computations, including working with external advisers as needed.
- Support on tax audits across the region and interact with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitoring legislative changes across the EU and managing their impact on the business.
- Support the TP Senior Manager with TP compliance across the region.
- Support on various projects to allow prioritisation and focus within the wider tax team, this will include assisting the Head of Direct Tax.
The business is undertaking a significant review of and investment in process and technology across Finance operations and this role will support this initiative from a tax reporting perspective:
- Support improvement of current reporting and compliance processes for standardisation or automation to drive efficiency.
- Support implementation and documentation of best practice in reporting and compliance processes.
Knowledge & Experience
- The successful candidate will have experience of the compliance and reporting processes for a significant multinational group or a large accountancy firm.
- ACCA or ACA or CTA qualified.
- A good understanding of UK & US GAAP will be required. French GAAP would be an advantage but not essential.
- Flexible, adapt easily to a changing environment and work with multiple deadlines and stakeholders.
- Any additional European language skills will be looked on favourably.
If you are interested and meet the required skill set, please contact Simon Riva on 0207 3322 138 or email@example.com
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.