A FTSE listed company with operations in the US, Canada and the UK are looking to recruit a corporate tax assistant manager/manager. The role reports to the Head of Tax in the group corporate office in central London, working alongside the group finance team and with significant interaction with the UK operating business.
Full-time or it would suit someone looking for a part-time role (3-4 days per week).
- Preparation of UK tax returns for existing group companies and acquisitions.
- Calculation of corporation tax payments in the UK and Ireland.
- Documenting and testing SAO processes and developing and implementing process improvements where appropriate.
Reporting and forecasting
- Preparing UK current and deferred tax forecasts for the purposes of quarterly reporting and budgeting for future periods.
- Preparing monthly tax journals in respect of the UK, Ireland and Germany.
- Preparation of tax disclosures for all UK and Irish subsidiary financial statements.
- Typical areas to be considered will include CFCs, transfer pricing, detailed capital allowances claims, R&D incentive schemes, intangibles, leases, financing and transfers of trade and assets.
- Building relationships with contacts in the business in order to become the main point of contact for corporation tax queries.
- Due diligence work for potential acquisitions.
- Keeping abreast of changes in legislation, case law and practice and assisting the Head of Tax.
- Hands-on experience of UK tax compliance and reporting.
- ACCA or ACA/and or CTA qualified.
- Strong excel skills.
- Good communication skills and an eye for detail.
- Working knowledge of Alphatax is beneficial.
If you are interested and meet the required skill set - please contact Simon Riva on 0207 3322 138 or email@example.com
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.