A global investment bank are looking for a tax professional with solid corporate tax experience to join their large group tax function. The Corporation Tax team is responsible for corporation tax planning, forecasting, reporting, compliance, risk management and resolution of issues with HMRC. Within the team there is an interesting and constantly changing mix of work. Time is spent on both business as usual activities and a variety of ad hoc projects, driven by changes within the bank, opportunities identified or the implementation of new tax, regulatory or accounting standards. The overall team comprises high performing tax professionals working to support the Head of the team on the delivery of their responsibilities.
Day to day:
- Review and sign off of corporation tax returns of a portfolio of UK tax resident entities, prepared by an outsourced service provider, ensuring that these have been prepared in line with agreed policies.
- Supporting the preparation of the annual corporation tax return for the Bank, which is prepared by the Corporation Tax team.
- Supporting more senior members of the team with technical analysis and calculations in relation to a variety of technical areas.
- Assisting with analysis relating to developments in UK tax legislation, to ensure the impact on the group is fully understood.
- Assistance with corporation tax reporting processes, including current tax, deferred tax and effective tax rate calculations at both individual entity and consolidated group levels.
* ACA / CTA (or local country equivalent).
* Ability to undertake tax analysis and prepare tax workings covering a range of UK tax technical areas.
* Ability to drive improvements in processes with solid corporate tax knowledge and experience.
Please get in touch if you are interested and meet the required skill set!
Simonriva@brewermorris.com or 0207 3322 138
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.