Corporate Tax Associate (From 5 years PQE)
Associate Corporate and Venture Capital Lawyer (from 5 years PQE)
Location: London, UK
Our client: For over 100 years, our client has been a trailblazing international law firm, dedicated to supporting exceptional individuals, private capital, and influential organisations at pivotal moments. Their unique focus on successful individuals, family offices, and private capital sets them apart. With a global presence, they collaborate across borders, working with founders, investors, family offices, governments, charities, global brands, and startups. They offer a dynamic, collaborative environment that prioritises people, flexibility, and innovative thinking.
The Team: Our client has a specialised team that advises the world’s leading innovators, providing tailored legal services to individuals and companies driving advancements in emerging technologies. With a global reach spanning Europe, the US, and APAC, they support pioneering businesses seeking international scale and expansion. The Corporate and Venture Capital team, central to the UK’s thriving technology and life sciences sectors, boasts a successful record advising very high-profile clients.
The Role: The team expanding its Corporate and Venture Capital team and seeks an Associate (from 5 years PQE) to lead core venture capital work. As a key member, you will manage all aspects of corporate and venture capital relevant to IP-rich, high-growth tech and life sciences companies. The role encompasses early-stage company formation, pre-seed financings, later-stage venture and growth funding rounds, exits, and M&A. This position offers the opportunity to drive forward a specific sector or area within our global practice and contribute to our strategic growth across EU, APAC, and the US.
- Lead on core venture capital work and support the wider corporate team.
- Manage all aspects of corporate and venture capital work for IP-rich, high-growth tech and life sciences companies.
- Oversee and develop other team members.
- Advise clients at all stages of a company’s life-cycle, from early-stage formation to exits and M&A.
- Act for a diverse range of clients, from entrepreneurs to seasoned founders and investors.
- Drive forward a particular sector or area of passion within the expanding global practice.
- Contribute to the strategic growth of the team across EU, APAC, and the US.
Key Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years post-qualification experience.
- Excellent academics and broad training in a well-regarded corporate department.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective team player with the ability to work in a close-knit team.
- Enthusiastic and engaged attitude with excellent people skills.
- Willingness to take responsibility and form strong working relationships.
- Excellent technical ability and drafting skills.
- Commercial and pragmatic outlook.
- Familiarity with technology.
- Keen interest in Business Development and client relationship management.
If this role sounds of interest, please contact Sally McIntyre-Brown on 0207 332 2452 or on firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential chat
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.