Corporate Tax Associate Director – Birmingham
Our client has a large corporate tax team that operates across multiple locations including Birmingham. They specialise in advising a diverse range of clients including large and complex UK and multinational publicly traded groups, private equity backed businesses, and utilities groups. Their expertise covers various tax issues impacting businesses, from strategic expansion to navigating the evolving UK and international tax landscape.
Our client fosters an environment where innovation and collaboration thrive. As a Corporate Tax Senior Manager within the Birmingham team, you’ll have the opportunity to develop your skills, share specialist knowledge, and engage with a market-leading team of tax professionals to deliver best-in-class service. Although based in Birmingham, this role offers hybrid and flexible working and you would not be expected to be in the office every day.
Responsibilities of the senior manager level role include, but are not limited to:
- Work alongside Partners and Director team to cultivate strong client relationships, identify opportunities, and contribute to business growth.
- Manage a portfolio of clients, serving as the primary point of contact for day-to-day tax matters.
- Lead and mentor a team of junior staff, facilitating their development and exposure across a wide range of client projects.
- Contribute to the development and dissemination of technical knowledge within the team.
- Stay informed about the changing business environment and assess its impact on clients.
- Collaborate with the compliance team to oversee the delivery of tax compliance services.
- Foster internal relationships with subject matter experts and specialists across lines of services.
- Manage risk processes, client investments, and related financial metrics.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Practice-trained finance professional with relevant qualifications (e.g., ACA/ACCA/CTA).
- Extensive experience advising large corporate clients on UK and international tax matters.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and maintain client relationships while effectively managing internal teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to sustain relationships over time.
- Business acumen demonstrated through an understanding of broader UK and global business issues.
- Analytical skills and a collaborative, creative problem-solving approach.
- Track record of expanding services offered to clients and contributing to business development activities.
- Solid accounting knowledge, including familiarity with accounting principles and statutory accounts interpretation.
- Proficient in writing clear, articulate reports summarising complex tax matters.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Commitment to self-development, proactive mindset, and a drive to excel in the role.
If you are seeking a challenging yet rewarding opportunity to lead and contribute to a dynamic corporate tax team, we encourage you to apply. Join us in shaping the future of tax advisory services while advancing your career in a supportive and innovative environment.
To apply, please submit your CV to Sally McIntyre-Brown at email@example.com or call Sally on 0207 332 2452
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.