Corporate Tax Associate Director
our client delivers big ideas and premium service to help middle-market businesses thrive. They are a fast-growing firm with big ambitions – They have a clear goal to become the premium adviser to the middle market, globally. This vision touches everything they do, motivating and inspiring them to become better every day.
About the department
When you become part of the team, you’ll discover a culture celebrating individuality, fresh thinking, flexibility and collaboration, whilst not only embracing change but impacting it. They’re simply not a one-size-fits-all firm and work hard to create an environment where their people can make a difference – to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of the firm and their clients.
The National Corporate Tax Service Line works with clients across a broad range of business types and sectors, from owner-managed businesses and middle market organisations to large multinational groups. They manage their tax affairs on the compliance side whilst also acting as expert advisors when planning matters arise. The latter includes, but is not exclusive to, due diligence, transactions and restructuring, as well as innovation reliefs.
A fantastic opportunity to join a growing tax team at an incredibly exciting part of its growth journey. As a consequence of a number of recent hires and significant client wins, they are looking to enhance their team further with the addition of a Tax Associate Director (or experienced Manager) who is looking for an environment where they will have the opportunity to accelerate their knowledge, skills and development in a creative, entrepreneurial and supportive team, working with lots of fantastic clients along the way.
You will work on a varied portfolio of clients and groups, some with complex tax affairs, ensuring both excellent client service and identification of further work opportunities. The role will include undertaking the more complex compliance work, reviewing work undertaken by junior team members, and working on a variety of advisory projects. In addition, you will have the opportunity to assist senior staff by involvement in business development opportunities, proposals and networking events.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team at an exciting part of the journey, working on a hybrid basis and reaping the rewards of being at home and in the office on a weekly basis. The variety of projects will challenge you every day, helping you expand your capabilities and grow professionally. You’ll have plenty of opportunity to broaden your horizons and discover a culture that nurtures individuality and celebrates fresh thinking!
- Being an integral part of a high performing tax compliance and advisory team that supports and advises a range of interesting, fast growing and entrepreneurial companies and their owners, as well as larger corporates and international clients who operate in a range of sectors.
- Being a key part of the client service team and taking ownership of a client portfolio, including leading the delivery of a premium corporation tax compliance service and being the client’s main contact during the process, having regular dialogue with key members of the client’s team.
- Providing value adding, technically accurate, clear and concise tax advice covering a range of technical issues relevant to your client’s business risks, challenges and opportunities. Such areas are likely to include: international expansion, transfer pricing, R&D tax relief, group & shareholder reorganisations, loss relief, tax treatment of interest, capital allowances and tax aspects of acquisitions and disposals.
- With assistance, building your external network of peers (client and non-client) and maintaining an understanding of the breadth of the firm’s capability and general business and economic factors relevant to our clients.
- Working closely with the partners and directors in tax and other service lines to go out to market and supporting the business development activities in the region.
- Liaising regularly with colleagues in other departments to assist them in providing a high-quality service to their clients and identifying tax related risks and opportunities for their clients.
- Embracing the mindset of continual improvement in your skills, knowledge and capability for the benefit of our clients, and as part of your own development as well as others, providing coaching and guidance to junior members of the team.
You will have solid corporate tax advisory experience, effective team leadership and business development skills. Opportunities for progression are open for the right candidate with excellent support for training and development needs.
- ACA qualified (or equivalent).
- CTA qualified preferred, or proven tax advisory experience.
Experience of a client or customer facing role.
- Excellent corporate tax compliance experience in preparing and reviewing tax computations.
- Comprehensive corporate tax technical knowledge and experience.
- Proven tax advisory experience in technical matters.
- Proven experience in client handling and managing a busy portfolio.
- Experience and interest in business development and converting relationships into fee paying work.
- Significant previous experience operating at Manager or a similar role is required or can demonstrate the skill set required to undertake an Associate Director role.
If you would like amy more information then please get in touch for more details.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.