About the Company
Based in Central London, our client is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to oversee and champion all financial activities within the organisation.
About the Role
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) role will play a critical role in developing and implementing the financial strategy for the organisation. Your key responsibility will be as a trusted adviser to the MD and the wider leadership group. This is a key role with significant commercial and strategic responsibility for the business. In addition, your ability to drive transformation and change in an engaging and collaborative way will be critical to your success in this role.
- Lead Finance, Fundraising, HR and Operational teams.
- Establish strategic objectives and operational plans overseeing the long-term budgetary plan and cost management alignment with the organisations corporate plan;
- Advise around issues, trends, and changes in regard to financial forecast that affect the operational delivery of the organisation;
- Prepare accurate monthly reports for the organisation on operational performance, including the preparation and monitoring of the annual budget;
- Adhere and present organisations financial statements, in accordance with relevant legislation and in a timely manner;
- Provide and create a dynamic environment of effective leadership and management to the finance, procurement and IT teams.
Skills & Experience required
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, finance or economics and must hold either ACCA, CIMA or CA qualification;
- Ten years minimum of broad finance / business, including technical accounting, management accounting, financial control, operations and a diverse business exposure.
- Experience gained at a non-profit or charity organisation is essential.
- Possess a collaborative and flexible working style and always strives for organisational excellence;
You will be a strong leader able to be "hands on" whilst seeing the bigger picture. You will be nimble and able to operate at pace and with agility. A proven leader with presence, ambition and an ability to influence at all levels. In addition, you will be an effective communicator and able to influence with integrity and transparency. Whilst a background in local government could be an advantage, it is not essential, but you will need to demonstrate / articulate your interest in this sector.
A generous salary package with benefits is on offer for the right candidate.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.