Brewer Morris are seeking a Chief Audit Officer for a high-profile organisation who are playing a key role in supporting Saudi Arabia's Vision 2030 ambitions and objectives. This highly visible role will provide the organisation with independent, objective analyses of its operations by planning and directing the Internal Audit function reporting directly to the Audit Committee, Board of Directors and the Chief Executive Officer.
The Chief Audit Officer (CAO) is responsible for conducting risk assessments, reviewing operational processes and procedures, and evaluating internal controls across the entire operational scope of the organisation. The executive will need to establish strong relationships within the organisation, building a well-respected audit function whilst maintaining the organisation's appreciation for internal audit's role in a strong control environment.
This position will be based in Riyadh and is open to applications from Saudi Nationals and expatriates.
- Develops the annual, risk-based audit plan to ensure that critical and high-risk areas receive proper audit coverage, and that the plan is appropriately risk-based. Reviews the plan with the Audit Committee for review and approval.
- Perform annual risk assessments based on a prioritised strategic risk assessment and present annual audit plans to the Committee
- Ability to influence using excellent communication, leadership and strong management skills to a wide range of internal audiences including executive management team and external audiences including regulators
- Make recommendations to management to mitigate risk in the areas of preventative actions, policies, procedures, documentation, or capitalising upon other opportunities where the Company can improve upon its operations and internal control
- Work collaboratively with business and operational areas throughout the Company, and effectively respond to managements' and the Committee's requests for special projects and consultative engagements. Evaluate the effectiveness of business and operating groups' actions in response to audit recommendations.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting degree or related finance field
- Big 4 trained Audit or Finance professional ( ACA, CPA, ACCA, CIA) with a minimum of 10 - 12 years PQE
Exposure to the Real Estate, Construction or Civil Engineering Sectors is a distinct advantage.
- Fluent English language skills are essential
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.