The Billing Specialist assists attorneys with the preparation of bills for clients, ensuring that the client bills are processed timely and in accordance with the client agreement. The Billing Specialist answers billing questions and researches billing related issues, prepares and distributes billing proformas, invoices, and billing related reports. The Billing Specialist acts as the billing advisor to attorneys and the legal secretaries, ensuring that all transactions are recorded according to accounting standards. The Billing Specialist regularly collaborates with other accounting departments, including ebilling, Accounts Receivable, Cash Applications, Cost Recovery, Pricing, Client Arrangements, Accounts Payable and Revenue Management, to help minimize any financial exposure to the Firm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs daily billing activities to support partners, attorneys, and clients.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to Proforma generation and edits, creating timecard summaries, updating matter and Timekeeper rates, and running client reports at the request of the partners and attorneys.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and acceptance of invoices on a monthly basis. Follow up with Billing partners and others in order to resolve client billing issues and ensure invoices are approved and billed.
- Understands and ensures correct implementation of client Outside Counsel Guidelines and fee terms.
- Ensures electronic invoices are processed accurately and efficiently. Timely resolves any rejections or reductions of electronic invoices.
- Demonstrates professional and developed communication skills. Ability to deal professionally and courteously with partners, attorneys, legal secretaries, accounting staff, vendors and clients of the Firm while observing confidentiality of client and Firm matters.
- Must be highly detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of two years of related experience
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Understanding of general accounting principles as they apply to Billings and A/R
- Excellent math aptitude
- Previous law firm experience
- Implementation of, or exposure to various client billing agreements
- Experience with electronic billing and electronic billing vendors
- Experience with 3E and ebilling Hub
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.