- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, accounting errors and irregularities, fraud, or non-compliance with laws and regulations.
- Prepare detailed audit report findings.
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Interview clients’ staff to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and integrity.
- Effectively plan engagement, and delegate to and supervise staff.
- Perform research when necessary.
- Take complete ownership of specific aspects of the engagement and see them through to completion.
- Effectively utilize engagement software.
- Assume manager role when necessary.
- BA/BS/MS in Accounting.
- Eligible to sit for the CPA Exam or has obtained CPA license.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and auditing standards to effectively supervise staff and solve routing engagement problems.
- Strong technology skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective listening skills.
- Strong time management, analytical and research skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy.
- Communicate engagement needs to the client.
- Recognize extended service opportunities.
- Keep current on recent technical pronouncements.
- Proactively participate in professional development opportunities, i.e. Mentoring Program.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.