Associate Tax Accountant
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all property tax filings handled by outside consultant. Reviews property tax filings and reports any issues. Monitors and prepares property tax payments. Ensures all work of consultant is done timely. 20%
- Monitor and maintain tax depreciation books for all entities. 20%
- Participate in other tax projects as requested by tax leadership. 20%
- Assist in responding to tax notices and assist with tax audit inquires as needed. 20%
- Assist with the preparation and payment of sales/use tax returns. 10%
- Process mail and other tax administrative functions. 10%
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- Little to no travel expected, with exception of a conference or team meeting, where required
- Required work time beyond normal work hours to meet deadlines or other project driven deadlines
- Supports the site HES policy and complies with all regulatory and internal requirements
- Participates in HES activities provided by site management and Arkema Inc. (e.g., Behavioral Base Safety, SafeStart, etc.)
- Supports and promotes the reporting of all health, safety, environmental, near-miss, accident or injury incidents
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS /WORK EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance required.
- 2 years of tax/accounting experience. Administrative support experience in a corporate or professional services environment a plus.
- Advanced skill level with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.